History of MAC® Batteries
With close to sixty (60) years of history, the MAC® Brand is synonymous with Responsible Care and Trusworthy Energy.
Johnson Controls Power Solutions separates from Johnson Controls International, LLC. to become its own entity, Clarios.
New SureTop and Cycle Plus Technologies. Innovating with new product lines, the most advanced technology in batteries: AGM
In 2013, the new MAC® Gold Plus Battery enters the market, especially manufactured for vehicles that demand a high level of energy. In 2014, MAC® is recognized by Johnson Controls as one of the best global brands of automotive batteries.
In 2004, we entered the Middle East market. In 2010, Johnson Controls Inc, and MAC® S.A. created a Joint Venture to strengthen their leadership in the automobile markets of South and Central America and the Caribbean.
In 2002, three (3) very important things took place: (1) the development of the new battery design completely sealled based on the BCI standards; (2) the improvement of the battery recycling plant to increase productivity and minimize the environmental risks; (3) entry into the United States, Puerto Rico and Bolivian markets.In 2003, the first contract to supply products was made with Johnson Controls Inc.
The year of 1996 marked the beginning of sales to the Venezuelan market. In 1997, sales began in the markets of Costa Rica and Chile.
In 1994, the MAC® Battery for the tropics is launched.In 1995, MAC ®Battery was introduced for sales in the Peruvian and Panamanian markets.
In 1991, a contract was signed for technical support with Johnson Controls, Inc. the largest battery manufacturer in the world.The MAC® Foundation is created to support MAC® business training.In 1993, the first steps are taken towards internationalizing the MAC® brand in the Ecuadorian market.
In 1968, the MAC® Battery brand was created. In 1973, they became the suppliers of original equipment for the Renault and Chrysler assemblers.
In 1964, Ernesto invited his brother José Antonio to join him as a partner, who became his right hand man in the administrative area and the company called Mejia Amaya y CIA LTDA. was born.In 1967, they become battery manufacturers on an Industrial Level.
In 1957, Ernesto purchased a workshop for maintenance and battery reconstruction from his supervisor. In 1960, he signed his first contract for the assembly and production of batteries, on behalf of his old supervisor.
In 1948, when he was thirteen (13) years old, Ernesto Mejia Amaya, traveled to Argentina with his family in search of new horizons.There he learned about the battery industry from Italian migrants in the city of Junin, Province of Buenos Aires.In 1956, his family returned to Colombia and Ernesto was hired as an electromechanic at the ¨Distribuidora de Baterias¨ (Battery Distributors) in the city of Cali.